Reports to: Chief Financial Officer, Factor Gas Liquids Inc.
Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
The Risk and Market Analyst is responsible for the execution of policies, procedures and strategies created by the Risk Management Committee and the Office of the CFO. The Risk and Market analyst will also support the Marketing and Trading and Commercial Development and Origination divisions.
- Operate the mark to market and value at risk models on a daily basis
- Ensure the accuracy, reporting and internal communication of mark to market and value at risk models
- Research and analyze the NGL, crude oil and currency markets on a daily basis and report findings to the Marketing and Trading division
- Assist the Marketing and Trading division with market pricing enquiries
- Assist in the execution of financial and physical trading in the NGL, Crude Oil and Currency markets
- Assist in the quantification of risks associated with new, existing and expansion projects within the Commercial Development and Origination division
- Support the office of the CFO with enterprise risk, corporate governance, regulatory and operational risk, business continuity, information and security risk, technology risk and market and credit risk
- Review all deal tickets to ensure compliance with traders Delegation of Authority and Factor’s Risk Management Policy and report any deficiencies or breaches
- Develop and maintain trading and risk relationships
- Remain current with all regulatory requirements and communicate to the office of the CFO potential changes to regulatory requirements
- Attend industry specific conferences and functions
- Identify qualitative factors that have the potential to affect Factor’s overall business
- Coordinate with pricing analyst to combine multiple pricing sources and communicate prices to Factor on a daily basis
- Serve as an active member of the Risk Management Committee
- Interact with trading houses/partners for the negotiation and creation of financial contracts and commitments that complement organization profitability and initiatives
- Monitor and review risk management practices on a periodic basis to ensure best practices and accuracy of models
- Assist with the support, education and training to staff, commonly at management level
- Conduct sensitivity and scenario analysis on the mark to market and value at risk models
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in one of the following: Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Excellent modelling skills in Microsoft Excel. Programming skills including VBA is a benefit but not a requirement.
- Desire to pursue CFA, CMA, CGA, FRM
- Very strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical abilities
- Written and verbal communication at a high level is a must
- Knowledge of financial derivate markets, currency markets and energy markets (specifically NGL’s and crude oil)
- Ability to prioritize and independently work on multiple tasks at one time as well as work collaboratively on group projects
If you are interested in this opportunity please send cover letter and resume by email to:
**New Grads please include transcripts.